- This event has passed.
Creative Business Cup Thailand
September 22, 2018 @ 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Creative Business Cup is a global year-round initiative that empowers entrepreneurs in the creative industries, helping them grow their business ideas, connecting them to investors and the global markets, and strengthening their innovative capabilities to the benefit of industry and society.
The purpose of Creative Business Cup is to strengthen the business competencies of creative individuals. The Creative Business Cup is a platform for creative individuals to showcase their creative competencies and to inspire them to become creative entrepreneurs in the future.
We are looking for new and revolutionary business ideas that have a strong market potential and at least one of the people in the team must have an education or background from the creative industries.
Setup of Creative Business Cup
The setup of the global competition is that the winner from each country competes against other national winners in November 2018 at the Global Award Show in Copenhagen, Denmark. Creative Business Cup is developed by CKO and a Featured Event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, an initiative powered by the Kauffman Foundation
Creative Business Cup Thailand 2018
Global Entrepreneurship Thailand is the national host for Creative Business Cup Thailand. We are mandated to select and nominate the National Winner to represent Thailand at the Global Award Show.The Creative Business Cup is supported by the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth and Global Entrepreneurship Thailand. The project is supported by Thailand’s Ministry of Digital Economy.
The competition will take place on Saturday, September 22nd as part of the GEN Asia Conference at Digital Thailand Big Bang 2018, in collaboration with Thailand’s Ministry of Digital Economy and Society (MDES) and Digital Economy Promotion Agency (DEPA).
The GEN Asia Conference will be hosted at Impact, Muang Thong Thani from September 20 – 23, 2018.
Vision & Mission
Creative Business Cup has moved away from the Business Plan to the Lean Canvas or Business Concept. This is definitely a leap ahead! We are totally excited as it aligns with Global Entrepreneurship Thailand’s mission to increase the number of fundable startups in the Thailand ecosystem.
We seek to bring this competition to universities, agencies, colleges, startup communities and the public in Thailand with strong creative focus to inspire students, innovators and creative talents to become creative entrepreneurs.Our mission is to shortlist the top ideas and finally select the best to represent Thailand at the Global Awards Show in Copenhagen, Denmark.
We are looking for new and original business ideas stemming from the creative industries. The business idea must have a strong market potential and at least one of the people in the team must have an education or background related to the creative industries.Find out further about creative industries below.
To participate in the contest, applications should meet the following criteria:
- Open to public and all local agencies, communities, universities and colleges
- The participating team should include a Thai representative and or have a base in Thailand
- The winning team of Creative Business Cup Thailand 2018 must send a representative to represent the country to complete in the Global Award Show in Denmark.
- At least ONE participant in the team must have an education or background related to the creative industries.
- Submission can be either as an INDIVIDUAL or in a team (max of 6) with at least one participant must be from creative background.
- The participating team/ individual MUST own the rights to the idea.
- If you already have a company/ startup, then the external capital investment should not exceed USD 500,000
What Are The Creative Industries?
We have listed 12 industries that define the creative industries. These industries are relatively broad and it can be hard to see what is hiding under these categories. On this page you can find any additional
specification of which sectors constitute the individual industries.The specification of the creative industries below is not a definite list of what is and what is not a creative industry. The purpose of the list is to create a better understanding of which companies can be considered being eligible for participating in Creative Business Cup.
DESIGN ADVERTISING CONTENT PRODUCTION ARCHITECTURE FILM AND VIDEO BOOK AND THE PRESS Industrial design and product design Advertising Agencies Publishing of computer game Architectural firms Production of films and videos Publishing of books Communication Design and Graphic Design Other advertising activities Computer Programming Landscape Architects Activities performed by production of film, video and TV programs Publishing of journals and magazines Interior Architects and Room Design Photographers Distribution of film, video and TV programs cinemas News agency MUSIC RADIO AND TV ART AND CRAFTS THEME PARKS & LIVES SCENES GASTRONOMY LEISURE ACTIVITIES Retailer of musical instruments Production of TV programmes Manufacture of jewelry and related products Theme parks Restaurants Sports and recreational activities Retail sale of music and video recordings Radio Company Art shops and galleries Festivals and outdoor venues Cafes, pubs, discos, etc.. Active vacations Sound recording and music publishing Broadcasting Theater and concerts Sound recording and music publishing Independently performing arts
The Mechanics – How to Apply
The best team from the universities/ colleges/ public are entitled to participate in Creative Business Cup Thailand 2018 (national competition). The teams will need to go through the following steps;
Nominate your team and submit your team’s application using the form at the bottom of this page.
Along with the application form, your team may also submit a presentation pitch-deck of your business plan, with answers to the guiding questions below.
- What is the Problem/ Opportunity Your Business is Solving?
- What is your PRODUCT/ SERVICES?
- What is your competitive advantage/ USP?
- Who is your Market?
- How are you planning to make money?
- Shortlisted teams will be informed after the judges panel have voted on the finalist.
- Finalist will be invited to attend a pitching session on 22 September 2018 at Impact, Muang Thong Thani
- The winner will be announced on 22 September 2018
- The best creative team will receive from our sponsor, Scan-Shipping, an all expenses-paid trip to Denmark to attend a boot camp and represent Thailand at the Global Award Show in Copenhagen, Denmark
Important Timelines for Submission
- Nominate a team
- Submit Application by 5th September 2018
- Finalist will be invited to pitch on 22 September 2018 at Impact, Muang Thong Thani
- Winning team selected and announced on 22nd September 2018
- Mentoring for Selected National teams Oct / Nov. 2018
- Nov. 2018 The winner will receive an all expenses trip to attend boot camp in Denmark as well as the CBC finals
- Winner Represents Thailand at Global CBC Finals in Copenhagen, 26-27 November 2018.
Here are some of the guidelines that the judges will take into consideration during the evaluation phase.
Evaluation Criteria for the Pitch-deck
The evaluation of the submissions registered in the contest will be done by a panel of local experts both from creative industry & business industry.
1. Delivery: Overall Pitch (Effective storytelling/ message delivery, audience engagement, creativity, clarity)
2. Content: How effectively the following components are identified and explained:
– What’s the Problem/ Opportunity your business solve?
– What is your Product/ Services?
– What’s your competitive advantage/ USP?
– Who is your market?
– How are you making money?
Evaluation Criteria for the Business Concept
Each team must describe its creative competencies and how they are utilized. The evaluation of business concept will be done by jury of experts from creative industry and business industry.
1. Originality: Is the business idea a new one or is it being used in a new context?
– Revolutionary in terms of their product or service, social relations, customer approach, markets or other ways.
– Change the value chains of the creative industries or use creative competencies to change the value chains in other industries.
2. Creativity: Are creative competencies crucial for the success of the business idea
– Are able to convince the jury that their creative skills are world class in one or more fields
– Engage customers or others in creative processes
– Beat their competitors by harnessing creative skills
3. Market potential: Does the business concept entail a market potential?
– Are a good investment
– Are scalable or in some ways unique to the point where others cannot copy it
– Generate new needs and new markets
– Present a strong overview of the existing market situation and how to engage customers
– Demonstrate the presence of financial and strategic flair within the team, thereby combining creative skills with business skills
– Are realistic in terms of risks and possibilities
– Have take steps to handle relevant issues regarding intellectual property rights
The winner from Thailand will be invited to represent Thailand at the Global Award Show in Copenhagen, Denmark from 26 – 27, November 2018. The winner will receive, an all expenses paid trip to Denmark to take part in a two day Boot camp and to compete at the CBC international in Copenhagen
The winner from Thailand will be able to take part in other activities as follows;
- Seminar on attracting capital
- Workshop on how to strengthen business skills
- Networking with winners from other countries and entrepreneurs from the creative industries
- Get the chance to be selected to Investor pitches during the international Creative Business Cup finals in Copenhagen – that might lead to investments!
Any questions and correspondence regarding CBC 2018 should be directed to: Creative Business Cup Thailand Secretariat: email@example.com
We would like to invite potential sponsors/ partners that would help us to make this national competition possible. For sponsorship/ partnership opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Entrepreneurship Thailand at its sole discretion may choose not to disclose certain information in a response to any question or query, if in our view such details would affect the fairness or transparency of the contest or convey an undue advantage to an applicant.
Global Entrepreneurship Thailand also reserves the right to disclose to all other applicants an answer or clarification to a question from an applicant in the interest of fairness, objectivity, and transparency of this contest.