Creative Business Cup Thailand 2019
July 1 @ 12:00 am - July 2 @ 11:59 pm
Creative Business Cup is a global year-round initiative that empowers entrepreneurs in the creative industries, helping them grow their business ideas, connecting them to investors and the global markets, and strengthening their innovative capabilities to the benefit of industry and society.
The purpose of Creative Business Cup is to strengthen the business competencies of creative individuals. The Creative Business Cup is a platform for creative individuals to showcase their creative competencies and to inspire them to become creative entrepreneurs in the future.
Setup of Creative Business Cup
The setup of the global competition is that the winner from each country competes against other national winners in July 2019 at the Global Award Show in Copenhagen, Denmark. Creative Business Cup is developed by CKO and a Featured Event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, an initiative powered by the Kauffman Foundation
Creative Business Cup Thailand 2019
Global Entrepreneurship Thailand is the national host for Creative Business Cup Thailand. We are mandated to select and nominate the National Winner to represent Thailand at the Global Award Show. The Creative Business Cup is supported by the Danish Ministry of Business and Growth.
Thailand’s participation in the creative Business competition this year is a result from the collaboration between the Thai National partner GEN Thailand and OSMEP, the Thai government’s focal agency on the promotion and development of SME startups in the creative industry under the prime Minister’s Office.
Vision & Mission
Creative Business Cup has moved away from the Business Plan to the Lean Canvas or Business Concept. This is definitely a leap ahead! We are totally excited as it aligns with Global Entrepreneurship Thailand’s mission to increase the number of fund-able startups in the Thailand ecosystem.
We seek to bring this competition to universities, agencies, colleges, startup communities and the public in Thailand with strong creative focus to inspire students, innovators and creative talents to become creative entrepreneurs.Our mission is to shortlist the top ideas and finally select the best to represent Thailand at the Global Awards Show in Copenhagen, Denmark.
Participants in Creative Business Cup Can Be:
- Startups utilizing creative skills in the production of a creative industries product/service.
- Startups utilizing creative skills in the development of a product or service for/in collaboration with other industries.
Criteria for Startups to Participate
Participants in Creative Business Cup must:
- Have the core asset of the business based on creative competencies.
- Be commercial. Their concepts must have market potential.
- Own the rights to the idea with which he or she is entering the competition.
- Be registered as a legal entity in their country.
- Not have received more than $ 1.000.000 USD of external investment before taking part in the National Competition.
- Be available to physically attend both days of the event on 1-2 July 2019 (it is not possible to pitch online)
Creative Business Cup Will Allow Startups From the Following Fields to Participate:
– Advertising – Architecture – Craft & Artisan – Design – Experiences technologies – Fashion – Film, Video & Photography – Gastronomy – Leisure Activities – Music – Performing Arts – Publishing – Radio & Television – Software, Computer Games & Electronic – Publishing (for Creative Industries) – 3D Printing maker – Toys & Games
The winner from Thailand will be invited to represent Thailand at the Global Award Show in Copenhagen, Denmark from 1-2 July 2019. The winner will receive, an all expenses paid trip to Denmark to take part in a two day Boot camp and to compete at the CBC international in Copenhagen
The winner from Thailand will be able to take part in other activities as follows;
- Seminar on attracting capital
- Workshop on how to strengthen business skills
- Networking with winners from other countries and entrepreneurs from the creative industries
- Get the chance to be selected to Investor pitches during the international Creative Business Cup finals in Copenhagen – that might lead to investments!
Winners of Creative Business Cup Global Finals 2019 – the world’s best creative startup will receive the following:
- First place: EUR 7,000
- Second place: EUR 3,500
- Third place: EUR 1,500
Any questions and correspondence regarding CBC 2019 should be directed to: Creative Business Cup Thailand Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org