- This event has passed.
September 21, 2017 - September 24, 2017
Over the past eight years, the Global Entrepreneurship Congress has grown into a premier annual gathering of startup champions from 170 nations dedicated to building and strengthening entrepreneurial ecosystems. During the GEC, entrepreneurs, investors, researchers, thought leaders and policymakers work together to help new firms start and scale. GEC+ fills a need for more in-depth collaboration on key issues emerging from the GEC.
GEC+Bangkok will take place on September 21-24, 2017, as part of Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017, at the IMPACT Exhibition Convention Center, where roughly entrepreneurs and support organizations will gather for four days to participate in 50+ events that bridge the knowledge of digital innovators, new business support programs, government policies and the media.
The GEC+Bangkok program will feature:
- The inaugural meeting of GEN Asia, marking the launch of a collaborative regional effort to plug into a rapidly expanding global entrepreneurial ecosystem
- A regulatory sandbox workshop where policy stakeholders, including entrepreneurs disrupting traditional industries, will explore the “sandbox” format for regulatory dialogue
- A Startup Nations Policy Roundtable to shape priorities for high-level government officials participating in the 2018 Startup Nations Ministerial
- A Startup Huddle session to support entrepreneurs by allowing them to present their startups to a cooperative audience to examine challenges and crowdsource solutions
- An information session on avenues for global startup expansion, such as e-residency in Estonia to enter the EU market, and the soft-landing program of Taiwan’s Asia Silicon Valley Development Agency (ASVDA)
- An in-depth exploration of the Thailand 4.0 approach to a digital society to identify lessons in how to unleash digital innovations in the private sector
Additionally, GEC+Bangkok delegates can choose from a variety of sessions from the Digital Thailand Big Bang festival which will include inspiring keynotes, discussions on smart cities, sessions on the use of technologies in sustainable community development, an Asia IoT Summit, a startup competition, a digital technologies expo and more.
GEC+Bangkok is hosted by the Global Entrepreneurship Network and the Kingdom of Thailand’s Ministry of Digital Economy & Society, with support from GEN Thailand.