- This event has passed.
GEN Asia conference
September 20 @ 8:00 am - September 23 @ 5:00 pm
The GEN Asia conference is the first-ever GEN (Global Entrepreneurship Network) conference focused on ASIA. The conference is a follow-up from GEC+Bangkok@Digital Thailand Big Bang 2017 (DTBB) where the MOU was signed between DEPA (Digital Economy Promotion Agency) and ten GEN countries, as an independent platform to encourage regional dialogue and cooperation where participants can draw on a global community that is supported by the 170+ countries in the Global Entrepreneurship Network (GEN).
The Conference is co-hosted by GEN Thailand and DEPA (Digital Economy Promotion Agency) under Thailand’s Ministry of Digital Economy & Society under the theme: “Big Data” and regional entrepreneurship development and cooperation.
This event will take place from September 20-23, 2018 during the Digital Thailand Big Bang (DTBB) 2018 event at the Challenger Hall and Jupiter 7 room, IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand, where entrepreneurs and support organizations will gather for four days to participate in 50+ events that bridge the knowledge of digital innovators, new business support programs, government policies and the media
GEN ASIA Conference 2018 Event Highlights:
- September 20: Mentoring and Entrepreneurship collaboration in the Digital Era. A look into the evolving environment where skills, changing mindset and opportunities are shaping the way we conduct and grow businesses. Presentation and discussions will explore opportunities for regional collaboration, mentoring, entrepreneurship education and development. Highlight to include the launch of the AMEN (ASEAN Mentoring of Entrepreneurs Network) by the ASEAN Business Advisory Council with the “Mentor Me” apps aimed at providing a common platform to promote national and regional mentoring for closer cross-border cooperation.
- September 21: Innovation and Technology development and its application in both traditional and future industries. Experts will dive into the impact of how new technologies and innovative solutions are changing the business models and landscape covering topics of future business directions in the development of smart enterprises, digital healthcare and innovative block-chain applications in both traditional and future industries. A look into AI + IoT and smart manufacturing and how new paradigms are emerging to cater for these changes seeking to promote investments between countries in various industries and create international cooperation opportunities by linking powerful technology convergence with the value of innovation.
- September 22-23: Seminars and discussions. A look at various contemporary issues regarding women in tech, entrepreneurship education mindset, a workshop on creative businesses
- September 20-23: Mentoring sessions. Opportunities to meet with Global business leaders, entrepreneur enablers and world-class mentors who will offer their advice to Thai and international startups.
- September 22-23: Competitions and workshops:
Creative Business Cup is a global year-round initiative that empowers entrepreneurs in the creative industries, helping them grow their business ideas, connecting them to investors and the global markets, and strengthening their innovative capabilities to the benefit of industry and society.
The purpose of the Creative Business Cup is to strengthen the business competencies of creative individuals. The Creative Business Cup is a platform for creative individuals to showcase their creative competencies and to inspire them to become creative entrepreneurs in the future.
Digital Innovation In Food Business (Digital-IFB) is a start-up competition that aims to boost innovation in the food business supply chain. The competition further aims to attract and empower entrepreneurs from around the world, helping them grow their business ideas, connecting them to investors and global markets, and strengthening their innovative capabilities to the benefit of the food industry supply chain and society.
The event is co-hosted by GEN Thailand and the Digital Economy Promotion Agency ( DEPA) under the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society
AGENDA (DELEGATE BOOKLET)
Official Hotel of the GEN ASIA Conference
OFFICIAL VENUE OF THE GEN ASIA CONFERENCE
Challenger Hall – IMPACT Exhibition and Convention Center, Bangkok, Thailand
GEN ASIA questions： Adam Phung ( email@example.com)